I have worked with John & Peter at Glenelg since the early 1990s, and during that time the majority of the design & development projects I have undertaken have gone through them. We have worked mostly on packaging, across plastics, metal, glass & paperboard, generating more than 50 patents and creating products which have been commercialised around the world.
The reasons I continue to use & value Glenelg as a design team, both when working in large corporate organisations and in my own start-up businesses, are as follows:
- Glenelg bring genuine creativity & ingenuity to every new project – often surprising with the simplicity & elegance of their solutions.
- They combine this with engineering rigour – using structural & materials analysis – and a clear awareness of ‘manufacturability’ & cost from the outset.
- Peter & John are very talented model-builders, so that their early ‘prototypes’ provide excellent ergonomic & functional learning.
- They are also creative in their development of testing rigs & methodologies, to gain early data on performance.
- Finally, Glenelg are extremely experienced in managing not only the tooling for new products, but the whole manufacturing start-up process – whether in UK, Europe or China.
In summary, Glenelg have kept my business for more than 25 years because they provide a unique combination of creativity, practicality, technical rigour & good value, combined with an ethos of deep commitment to the success of customers’ products in the market. Perhaps more importantly, they are fun to work with!
Development Director, Threadless Closures & ROKBOX